An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Monday, January 02, 2006

Painting by El Greco

This painting by El Greco surprised me.

The british museum do not seem to have a lot of painting by El Greco, but what is immediately evident in his painting, is that it does not seem to fit in the late 16th century. It seems to have no link with da Vinci, Raphel, and Michaelangelo, whom he followed. His painting is much more modern (it looks like it comes from the 19th, or even the 20th centuries).

Still, he clearly was one of the masters of the later 16th century.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home