An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Discus throwing Youth

This picture is probably recognizable to any of you who have looked at a text on Ancient Rome. It is actually a copy of a Greek Bronze original, and was prized in its day, for its activity and life (personally, I think that it does not show life very well - indeed it looks like a still life), but it is beautifully carved.

This picture was just placed in one of the stairwells, not particularly well protected (another example of what I had said in my previous post).

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home