An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Another English Bird

An English Robin.

Very different from the American robin, the English robin is a smaller bird (about the size of a large sparrow). The red pigmentation is also more pronounced, and can clearly be seen to extend to the face.

The American robin is a much bigger bird, and the red plumage can be harder to see.

I spotted this one in the Eden dome -- you can continuously hear the families of robins that have taken up residence inside the dome.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home