An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Some unusual cacti. (also in the dry desert ecosystem).


Interestingly, the temperature in the two ecosystems does not have to be strongly controlled. Only the humidity has to be controlled, for the plants to thrive. As such, the humidity in the tropical rainforest is kept at around 70 - 90% (by using both humidifiers, and by having a waterfall in the middle of the recreated biome). In the dry desert ecosystem, they have a humidity of around 5% only. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home