An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Monday, January 02, 2006

The piece of wood below seems rather ordinary. However, it isn't.

This was the last item I saw in the Ashmolean, and probably the most spectacular.

I am not sure if you can read the words on the piece of wood below, but it says Stradivari 1716, Le Messie.

This is one of the pieces from a violin made by Stradivari , thought to be the greatest violin maker ever.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home