An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

And now, everyone's favourite plant...

The cocoa plant (and pod) -- used to make chocolate.

You can see the ripe cocoa bean in yellow, in the middle of the picture. Unripe cocoa beans are green.

 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 1:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...
f

The pods of cocoa plants are usually harvested 2-3 times a year and each pod contains ~20-40 seeds. Speaking of snow, there was a unpredicted storm 2 weeks ago that slowed down the entire transit system plus YRT...and I eneded up missing the BCH lecture :( and some classes were cancelled. It was something like 25 cm of snow just before dawn so no one was prepared for such emergency. Oh well - at least there hasn't been any storms during my exams!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home