An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Rattan

Most of you probably have sat on rattan chairs -- they're the kind which look like the have been made of strips of wood (which you probably thought was some kind of bamboo).

Actually, the rattan plant is the one shown in the picture. I'm sure you wouldn't even dream that something this fearsome could be turned into a comfortable chair.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home