An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Monday, February 20, 2006

Returning to the Blog

Sorry for the second major delay in the blog.

Though it seems that Europe is much more well-connected than North America, I haven't found that really to be the case.

Even most roadside hotels back in Canada have some form of internet connectivity that the guests can use. In contrast, in France (and other areas of Europe), even Internet cafes are not easy to find.

In Paris, to give one example, we were staying within a 10 minute walk of the Lourve (i.e. very central). However, there was only 1 internet cafe within a 15 minute walk around us. --- and, to make matters worse, the internet cafe only had French keyboards -- an extreme irritation.

Anyway, that explains some of the reason of why I haven't been able to update my blog.

However, I am back in England now -- which seems much improved versus "the Continent". So, I hope to get a couple more blogs in before I get back to Canada, and I will then finish whatever I haven't finished after I return.

Anyway, onwards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home