An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Friday, December 16, 2005

The long Chalk avenue

Another part of Stonehenge, which is not commonly known about is the chalk avenue leading towards the circle.

You can just barely see it as the slightly lighter line in the picture below (just past the sheep).

Archaelogists have found another henge site a short distance away from Stonehenge -- perhaps this avenue was joining the two.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home