An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Friday, December 16, 2005

The trench around Stonehenge

Stonehenge was not an isolated structure.

Here you can see the trench that surrounds Stonehenge.

In truth, the word henge, described only the trench, and not the Stone circle.

Also, the henge, or trench is much older than the circle itself -- almost by a thousand years.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home