An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Monday, January 02, 2006

A better view of the Bodleian Group of Buildings

I realize the last picture didn't really get much bigger.

Here is a zoom in of that panorama -- showing the Old Bodleian Library. (the New Bodleian Library is just past the domed building on the left).


When you see the New Bodleian Library, it looks quite unassuming -- just a small one story building -- until someone informs you that the library has thirteen floors underground.

Only then do you gather that the Bodleian is actually one of the largest libraries in the world.

I had been hoping that I would be allowed to go into the Library, perhaps to look at a few of their manuscripts. However, I had no idea of the value with which Oxford holds its Library. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home