An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Friday, December 16, 2005

Back to glacial geology for a second

Back to glacial geology for a second (I promise that there's a point this time).

Here you can see what are known as erratics, which are huge boulders which have been deposited by glaciers on their way across the plains.

They don't look too big, and I'm not sure how deep these are buried, but these are actually Sarsen stones.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home