An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Wiltshire and its riches

For anyone who has read Harry Potter, you would probably have noticed that Wiltshire is the home of Lucius Malfoy (Lucius Malfoy, from his Wiltshire Manor... / The Wiltshire Manor of Lucius Malfoy was raided by...). As such, you, as I, probably realized that Wiltshire was a very rich area.

Just how rich was something that struck me in the face today, when we were driving through Wiltshire today.

We were passing through a little town, Pangbourne, barely big enough to be shown on the map of the area, and suddenly, as we turned a corner, we saw a Bentley showroom (with about 5 Bentleys just parked there).

Pretty surprising!

Anyway, in my next post, I'll say a little bit about Wiltshires other treasures.

(Sorry no picture, as we were moving by too fast.)

1 Comments:

At 12:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...
f

Hardcore....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home