An Excursion to the Old World

I am a student at the University of Toronto (Canada), going on what was once called "the Grand Tour" -- a trip around the whole of Northern Europe (and, perhaps, in the near future, Southern Europe as well). My parents and I should be spending about 3 months on our tour. I hope you will enjoy reading about my experiences, and feel free to suggest places to go (or pictures to take).

Monday, February 20, 2006

Normal British Fauna

Here's an addition to the normal British birds.

British?!

Yes, phesants have been stocked on Nobelmen's estates for centuries, and nowadays, you can see them on the sides of almost every country road in Britain.

Interestingly, I took this photo at Longleat, with the pheasant moving about among some Indian Baboons, and Water Buffalo, in Longleat park.


It is rather odd -- in Canada, pheasants and animals such as Foxes, which have not been hunted for generations are still extemely secretive, and hard to spot.

Yet, in Europe, these same animals -- though (in some areas) still being hunted -- are so used to man, that it is "relatively" easy to catch a good sighting. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home